Based in Nantwich, reaching across the North West and beyond, Ensure is a family owned and led business, with clear values underpinning everything that we do. Serving clients of all sizes and from all industries, including construction, manufacturing, food manufacturing, offices, warehouses, education, we offer both Health & Safety Consultancy and Training services. However, we don’t do Health & Safety in the conventional way; we aim to demystify the subject and pride ourselves on delivering a fully bespoke Health & Safety experience that is completely tailored to the client’s needs.
Does this describe you…?
Are you a qualified Health & Safety professional who loves the intricacies of a risk assessment but who also thrives on delivering great service and building strong customer relationships?
Do you enjoy delivering Health & Safety training- or are you eager to develop your skills to become a trainer?
Are you looking for a new opportunity that allows you to grow and thrive?
Then you might be just the person for us!
You’ll need to be interested in becoming part of a small but vibrant, growing company and keen to play your part in further growth, with a can-do team centric approach to your work.
We’re looking for a dynamic H&S consultant & trainer based in the North West to join our team to help with increased client demand.
We’re not a typical, stuffy, box-ticking Company, so we’re not looking for typical, run-of-the-mill safety professionals.
We’re offering a great development opportunity, as we know dynamic, committed people are keen to take on more responsibility.
Over time you will be responsible for the end to end Health & Safety needs of your own client base, don’t worry we will provide training in how to attract your own clients too.
You will deal directly with customers at all levels; from the shop floor to the CEO; by phone, email and face to face so you need to be a friendly, professional, natural communicator.
We’ll provide training, supervision and support to help you become fully acquainted with our processes; regular CPD will be encouraged and supported.
We’re sticklers for detail and for doing a great job so a high degree of accuracy is essential. It’s important that you’re passionate about the standards of your work.
You will be confident to go on site to assess for legal compliance, putting into place reasonable precautions and procedures to ensure the client is legally compliant. You need to have the initiative and confidence to make your own decisions when necessary and be able to communicate this information clearly.
And, because family values are so important to us, we’ll give you a day’s holiday every year on your Birthday!
You’ll need to have:
· NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
· Experience in a varied range of industries is desirable
· PTLLS/ Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent would be a bonus. However, we will happily support the right candidate to achieve this if necessary.
· Own car, valid driving license and a willingness to travel. This will generally be across the North West but sometimes further and occasional overnight stays will be required.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent H&S report writing skills
· Already competent in general H&S duties; developing policies & procedures, completing audits & Risk Assessments
· Confident to advise on the most suitable precautions for a range of clients
Ability to work independently and manage own time and a hectic workload, as well as work to deliver team-based projects
Maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations.
· Develop and undertake specific H&S audits as appropriate
· Experience in producing Safety reports
· Experience of translating policy into practice through a variety of approaches
· Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply H&S legislation
· Ability to deliver against the priorities in the H&S action plan and develop this plan overtime including agreeing annual delivery targets.
· Ability to give direct support on H&S queries (via both site visits and over video conference and telephone)
Position: H&S Consultant/ Trainer
Location: We are based in Nantwich, and reach out across the North West and beyond.
This will be an office based role.
Salary: £30-£35k pro-rata, dependent on qualifications and experience.
DBS Checks: As some of our work is in schools, please be aware that we may require an enhanced DBS check to be carried out.
Interested? Please forward CVs and a covering email to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 24th June 2022
Interviews will take place on Friday 1st July: Please bear this in mind so that you can be flexible if called to interview.