1. Bookings and Payments: Bookings may be made by e-mail or telephone. By booking a course with Ensure it is assumed that you accept these Terms and Conditions. Payments to be made via bank payment.
2. Cancellations: Ensure reserves the right to cancel the dates or alter services, but will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. In the event of a cancellation Ensure will try and transfer the booking to the next mutually convenient date unless the client states otherwise. If this is not convenient for the customer a full refund will be given. If the booking is cancelled by the client the following fees will be payable:`
More than 14 days – No charge will be made
7 – 14 days – 50% charge will be invoiced
Less than 7 days – 100% charge will be invoiced**
**consideration will be given for exceptional circumstances
Please also note:
- You may transfer to another of our open courses or an alternative date at any point up to 2 weeks prior to the course date. Less than 2 weeks in advance you will be charged an administrative fee of £20.
- If you do not attend an open course, and have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains chargeable.
- If you arrive late for a course, or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training if we feel you will gain insufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains chargeable. (To conform with Health & Safety Executive requirements for Statutory Certificates, attendance at all sessions is mandatory.)
Complimentary Update courses for First Aiders: If you are booked onto one of Ensure’s On-site First Aid Update courses and cancel without 5 working days notice, or do not attend, your organisation will be invoiced an administration fee of £20 per person.
3. Health and Safety: In the case of physical skills courses (i.e. first aid and automated external defibrillation, manual handling, Fire Warden), it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that candidates are free from any condition which would affect their capability, and that they have the aptitude to cope with the course.
We can adapt the practical elements for candidates attending a First Aid course. However, if they are doing a regulated course the HSE require that we observe them undertaking full 2 minute session of CPR on the floor. If candidates are unable to do this, we will need to issue a modified certificate which will exclude the practical elements of the course
4. PLEASE NOTE that anybody attending a course must have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the English language, both written and spoken, to enable them to complete the necessary assessments; practical, verbal and theory. For example, when attending a First Aid course, all candidates must be able to communicate clearly with, and understand the casualty, as well as being able to confidently and competently convey the necessary information to the emergency services in English.
5. Liability: All training and advice given by Ensure is done by following the appropriate guidelines. Information given by Ensure is to the best of our knowledge, up to date and evidence based,. Ensure cannot accept any responsibility for misinterpretation of the advice given.
6. Additional Information: When attending courses with a practical element, please advise your colleagues to wear suitable clothing for the course. It would also be appreciated if lipstick isn’t worn for First Aid courses as it stains the manikins.
7. Certification: With the exception of certificates issued via our awarding body, Highfield’s Qualifications and Nuco Training, all other certificates will be issued electronically, unless specifically requested otherwise; an additional fee will be charged to cover costs and postage.