Anyone can be affected by a mental health condition either themselves or a family member, friend or colleague.
According to the Mental Health Foundation, 74% of adults within the UK have felt so stressed over the last year or so that they felt overwhelmed and unable to cope.
Did you know that stress, depression or anxiety account for 51% of all work-related ill health cases? And from this, 55% of all working days lost due to work-related ill health are due to stress, depression and anxiety.
The facts and figures speak for themselves, but what can you do to protect and support your employees?
1. A workplace stress risk assessment should be complete with appropriate controls implemented.
2. Utilise the HSE stress indicator tool and associated resources.
3. Trained mental health first aiders should be accessible.
4. Specific policies and procedures to encourage a positive and healthy workplace should be developed.
5. Train your employees, managers and directors on stress management, support and workload management.
6. Don’t overload your employees, manage their workload, and always match demands with employee skillsets.
7. And finally, understand that your employees have lives away from the workplace that are likely full of challenges, stress and distractions.
Are you supporting your staffs well-being?
We have a few places available on our next Level 3 Supervising First Aid for Mental Health course. Get in touch now to secure your place.
This course covers a wide range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
This 2 day course is suitable for all persons within a workplace and covers
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail
Get in touch now to book your place on one of our open courses at our Covid secure training room in Nantwich.
Alternatively, we can come to you and deliver a course to a group of your colleagues, if you prefer.