Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF Level 3) (1 day course)
Tuesday, 8th March @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider, be able to assess an incident
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 8 hours of learning, with a minimum contact time, excluding breaks of 6 hours typically over 1 day.
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and written/oral questioning.
A maximum of 12 candidates per trainer/course ensures that quality is guaranteed